My Current Résumé
Skills and attributes
- Over 30 years practical IT experience ranging from sales, support, servicing, design and development.
- Inquisitive : enjoy learning new skills and finding solutions.
- Current C NSW Drivers Licence and my own Vehicle.
- Australian Citizen.
- Experienced in Microsoft Windows, Mac OS and iOS, Linux, Android operating systems.
- Microsoft Office suites up until and including Office 2016/Office 365 versions.
- Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Document design (Word/Pages/Adobe In Design) for course development and support instructions.
- Digital video media, video production (Adobe Premiere, Apple iMovie) to DVD, YouTube.
- Savvy with regards to latest technology, I constantly keep up-to-date with techology through podcasts and part time work.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills, extremely patient and ability to explain things in english not jargon.
- Social media experience with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest.
- Able to think outside the square, manage multiple tasks whilst maintaining excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills : able to build rapport with customers and ascertain their needs and vision.
- Excellent customer service experience and proven skills : over 33 years in customer service roles within retail, IT and warehousing.
- Common sense and efficient approach : understand the importance of usability and design.
- IT Team leader (6 months experience) working managing and coordinating staff members (developers, admin staff, designers, researchers) for various projects.
- Innovative and driven : managed own businesses and helped establish a women’s sports team on the Central Coast and coached the team to a successful win on their first game.
Dec 2014 – Now NetStuff Website Design & Hosting including Kim’s Help IT Services
- Onsite and remote training and Computer support for clients on Australias East Coast.
- Website development using WordPress and Elegant Themes (Divi 3)
May 2014 – Dec 2014 TRI Community Exchange Inc.
ICT Team Leader
- Onsite and remote training and support for clients within Sydney, Central West and Orana Far West regions.
- Course design, development and delivery. (Microsoft, Adobe and Apple products).
- Provided IT support via telephone, online remotely, email and in person : to staff and clients .
- Website & App development coordination.
2013 – 2013 SES Global Pty Ltd
Web Designer / Developer and IT Support
- Worked as part of a small team within web design and SEO marketing company.
- Provided IT support via telephone, online remotely, email and in person : to staff and clients.
- Designed / developed 6 websites : from PSD templates and also from initial concept after interviewing client, created sites using html, PHP and JQuery, WordPress and Joomla.
2007 – 2012 Kim’s IT Services
Owner / Manager
- Performing customer support to home users up to SMEs on various platforms from Windows, Apple OS X/iOS and Linux.
- Performed troubleshooting and problem-solving, providing preventative advice, support and tuition (one-to-one or classroom), and have created custom-built hardware and software solutions, including networking solutions.
Feb 2003 – Present NetStuff Website Hosting & Design
Owner / Lead Designer
- Business operated part-time.
- Website hosting, administration and domain name registration.
- Remote IT support (Apple and Windows).
1994 – 2004 Ready to Run Computer Services
Partner / Computer Support
- Developed business to become the leading IT support choice located on the Central Coast.
- Over 1000 clients ranging from home users to private hospitals, car dealerships and health centres.
- Provided support on site, via phone and remote (hardware, software, network) – repaired computers, built computers, removed viruses, installed hardware and software, performed troubleshooting, provided networking solutions and product recommendations.
- Provided training, one-on-one tuition, and automated tedious tasks to help customers simplify their lives : business and personal.
- Sold business in 2004.
1982 – 1993 Various Retailers – Grace Bros/ComputerMate Australia/Ashton Scholastic
Customer Service Representative
- Provided exceptional face-to-face and over-the-phone customer sales and service.
- Computer register use, point of sale, cash handling.
- Ability to “stay calm” in stressful circumstances.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Regularly doubled sales quotas.
Education and qualifications
2012 – 2013 Ourimbah TAFE, NSW
CERT IV: Website design and development course
- Business environment (OH&S, communication & consultative process, design documentation).
- Project management (determine and confirm client business requirements).
- Design sites (website creation using HTML5, CSS3 and CMS (WordPress, Joomla).
- Database design and creation (create working database using PHP & MySQL).
- Optimise search engines (SEO optimisation).
- PHP (produce server side scripts).
- Social web technologies (integrate social media into websites).
- Web animation (produce animation using HTML5 and Flash).